Whether you are a health visitor, a community nursery nurse, community practitioner or school nurse, educationalist, researcher or student there is something of interest for everyone on the programme. The plenary sessions will give you focused updates on key changes and policies affecting community practice in the UK, and dedicated break-out sessions will allow you to tailor a programme that meets your individual interests.
- Access to a dedicated conference programme that will give you practical insights to take away and reflect on in your role.
- Opportunities to network and share experiences with community practitioners and leading healthcare organisations around the UK.
- A tailored programme to meet your professional needs with a choice of break-out sessions and masterclasses.
- Hear inspirational success stories from your colleagues and the pioneering work they are doing in their regions through a Call for Papers.
- The perfect opportunity to develop your skills and share experiences with your peers.
- Professional and clinical updates to support you in CPD and revalidation.
- A vibrant exhibition featuring companies, charities and associations who will provide information on cutting edge solutions to support you in practice.
- The chance to attend the conference party where you can relax amongst friends old and new.
- Health Visitors
- School Nurses
- Community Nursery Nurses
- Community Practitioners
- Academics and lecturers in public health nursing
- District Nurses
Get funding from your Unite branch
It might be possible to get financial support from your Unite branch too, especially if you attend their branch meetings, or keep in touch with what the branch is doing. A good plan is to ask for something that can be evidenced with a receipt – such as the cost of a ticket, travel or accommodation – so the branch can keep an accurate record of how members’ money is spent. The request is best made in writing to the branch secretary and then followed up by attending the next branch meeting.
Get funding from your employer
You can gain managerial approval to attend the conference by sharing the following points:
- I’ll have access to a dedicated conference programme aimed at community practice
- I’ll be able to network and share experiences with CPs from across the UK and bring back transferable information to develop our work
- It will support re-validation, with best-practice workshops, plenary sessions and masterclasses
- I’ll hear policy updates on the latest regulatory challenges
- I’ll bring back useful insights to share with the rest of the team
This award enables attendance at the Unite-CPHVA Annual Professional Conference 2018. Applicants must be Unite-CPHVA members who have qualified within the last two years OR have never previously attended a Unite-CPHVA Conference
The award will provide a full two day conference ticket and £50 towards travel/ accommodation. Up to SIX awards are available.
Further details about the award and the application process are available from Lynne MacKinnon, member of the Professional Advisory Committee: Lynne.email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so early application is strongly advised.